Morris Family Foundation recently made a record-breaking donation to reef protection and climate action projects across North Queensland thanks to the Reef Keepers program.
As part of our commitment to protecting the Great Barrier Reef, Morris Family Foundation donates $50 per guest stay at any Northern Escape Collection lodges (including Orpheus Island Lodge, Mount Mulligan Lodge), and $5 per guest stay at The Ville Resort – Casino to projects that are working to protect the reef and our climate.
This year the foundation donated a record $326,075 through the program.
Donations were given to a variety of projects across North Queensland including:
- The Sustainable Table Fund promoting regenerative agricultural in Great Barrier Reef catchments;
- The Museum of Underwater Art in Townsville;
- Tangaroa Blue who conduct beach clean-ups and work towards eliminating marine plastic pollution;
- Rainforest Rescue who are working to reforest old cane land in the Daintree;
- Researcher’s at the Orpheus Island Research Station; and
- The important work campaigning for climate action and renewables in Qld by the Climate Council, AYCC, and Solar Citizens.
Great Barrier Reef